วันอังคารที่ 5 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2554

Australian Law. Is it possible to appeal against a conviction on grounds of ignorance & non-intent?

10 years ago airport customs found a 100g piece of cheese in my briefcase that I had forgotten I had put in there. I was charged under the AQIS act etc. Appeared in court fined and got a conviction. Yes it was ONLY a piece of cheese, but dairy is one of the most prohibited of all foods.

Can I appeal to the court , to have my conviction stricken? How would I go about it ?
My argument is that is hardly a crime, much less of wilful intent. I paid the price and learnt my lesson, it cost me $ 1500 all up in court / legal fees. Why should I have this conviction for the rest of my life.
I cannot afford a lawyer at this stage.
Laughter, thanks I'll explore those

Attorney Ask It

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น